Share Content





















Friday, February 25, 2011

Basketball WIves Shaunie Confirms Season 3 But Not Royce?



Shaunie O Neal Confirms Basketball Wives 3




Heres an Interview Wither Shaunie From Necole Bitchie Blog Site Alot details


via necolebitchie.com
















So Shaunie, listen, we’ve all sort of watched as your marriage unraveled before us. How’d you get so…Zen about the entire situation?


“At some point you have to let go of being angry and bitter. I changed my focus. I had to realize that I had to let it go. My mother (after the divorce from Shaq) told me, ‘you’re gonna have to find yourself a hobby or something.’ And that was a wake up call for me. I had to let it all roll off my back. That was an experience that got me to this point, and I’m so thankful.”






So you’ve just been renewed for Season 3 of VH1’s Basketball Wives, are you getting more comfortable living on camera?


“It’s much more comfortable. You know, I’ve gotten to actually know the crew and now sometimes I can even forget that they’re there. It’s a lot easier to be myself.”






In the beginning it was much publicized that Shaq didn’t really want the children on the show, yet we saw them this season, how was that for them?


“The loved it! After season one they wanted to see themselves. That’s all they could talk about. So they were happy to get to their turn.






So Shaq supported it?


“Well even back when we were married, we considered doing a family reality show. I mean even when we did interviews we never shielded the kids from the camera. They’d be playing in the background. So as long as their inclusion was organic, we’re fine with it.”






So Shaq may actually be doing his own reality series (with fiancé and former reality show contestant Hoopz), would you be ok with the kids being on his show?


“That’s their dad. As long as their appearance on the show made sense, it’s fine. I mean he doesn’t really see them that often right now. He’s not around as much but if it coincided with their school breaks, or on a visit, then sure. That’s no problem.”






Alright so what do your real life friends and family think of Basketball Wives? The ones that aren’t in that lifestyle?


“They love it. They’re all like go ahead, continue the success. And I like that they keep it real with me. They’re the ones who will call me out if they see me acting out of character, or doing something they don’t think I should be doing on camera.”






Like…


“Like the situation with Gloria.”






Right…So since you brought it up, what happened there?


“See the thing is there was a LOT that happened off camera, before we began shooting that really got me upset. I know people watching were confused like ‘why’s she so mad?’, but there had been things she’d said to me that you didn’t see, about that situation.”






Like what?


“Like she told me to take a long walk off a short bridge. Like you’re going to tell me to kill myself? That upset me more than her [sister's] relationship with (Shaq). But I’m over it. Again, we came to an understanding and I was able to let it roll off my back.”






So you just filmed the season two reunion special this week, and of course there was some drama…


“Of course. There was a tense moment…Some words were exchanged.”






Between?


“Evelyn, Jen and Royce, of course. They had words. Which is finny because on camera Royce is SO confrontational – and I even tell her that on the show. We think it’s just a way to try to make herself relevant to return for season 3.”




So Royce might not return right? You said you were looking at possible replacements…


“We are. I can’t say who yet but yes, we are looking at ways to freshen up the cast for season 3.”






Specifically Royce’s place?


“Royce is not confirmed for season 3. But again, I can’t say any more. You’re just going to have to watch!”






So…Think you’ll ever drop the name ‘O’Neal’?


“You know I don’t think so. I have small children and it was hard enough explaining to them why Daddy doesn’t live here anymore, so I can’t imagine how I’d explain to them why Mommy doesn’t have the same last name as them. Plus I think I earned this name…Wow. Do all divorced women get asked this? “






Yes. Every last one. So now that you guys are both moving on, where does that leave you? Many people don’t know, you worked at Twentieth Century Fox before you married Shaquille.


“Yup, in marketing. I mean right now I’m loving my life. I like that I have my hands in several different pots. I’m producing the show, I’ve got my charity Real Models, eventually I want to do a shoe line and accessories. So I have my hands full. I’m creating my own identity outside of Shaquille. On my own terms.”








Last question, you know Basketball Wives has this sort of backlash and connotation of the type of woman that marries ball players. You guys get called gold diggers. Do you think you would’ve married Shaq if he worked construction?


“See, I’m from Los Angeles. I grew up around the industry and yet I always dated regular guys. When I met Shaq, I wanted no parts of him. He’ll tell you, it took three chance encounters before I’d even talk to him. So I was never interested in that life. I’m grateful for what I have but I would’ve still given him a chance if he was a ‘regular guy’. That’s what I was dating when I met him.”






And about those gold diggers?


“Yes. They are real. I mean let’s be honest, there are the gold diggers and we talk about them (on the show) because they exist. And we all know why they exist. But that doesn’t speak for me.”

No comments:

Related Posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails