Share Content





















Saturday, September 26, 2009

Celebreailty Interview: Jessica (My Antonio)



Twenty-one turned out to be an unlucky number for Jessica, who was bounced from this week’s My Antonio for being so much younger than the show’s star. Below, she talks age difference, her lack of a connection with Antonio and her rivalry with his ex-wife, Tully.

How was your time on the show?

It was great. I loved Hawaii and I loved meeting new people, but at the same time, it was difficult sharing the house with, like, 14 other girls. I was there a little over three weeks, and on top of that, we were so far away from everything.

What did you think about your portrayal?

I didn’t mind it. I figured that since I was the youngest, I’d be a target, but I don’t think they portrayed me that bad. They could have put a lot worse footage in if they wanted to.

Like what?

There were a couple of drunk nights I’m glad they didn’t show. I was afraid I wouldn’t be able to show my face after the show.

What’s your opinion of Antonio today?

I think he’s a lot more down-to-earth than what you see on the show. Some people might find him to be arrogant, since he eliminated a girl for her hands and feet, and I know some people were put off because he eliminated me because I was young. I guess they’re thinking, “If she was too young, why was she cast in the first place?” I think he’s a great guy, really sweet and genuine, but I don’t think we’re a match in that way. I always have dated the typical “bad boy,” and Antonio is pretty much the opposite of that. But he’s adorable, so it’s like, who wouldn’t want to try and date him? But I have nothing against him because he eliminated me. That’s what you’re there for.

Were you on the same page with Antonio when he said you had no connection right before he eliminated you?

I was getting to that point. Our date was fun, but I wasn’t sure if it was more like a friend thing or a connection. It wasn’t love at first sight, but I think out of all of the girls that stayed, I should have gone home after some of them.

Like who?

Autumn. She’s a sweetheart, don’t get me wrong, but she’s really, really naïve to dating. I mean, he’s gonna keep someone he can’t even kiss? Yeah, that makes sense.

When he was letting you go, Antonio also said he didn’t want you to make the same mistake he made, by getting married so young. Did you get a sense that he was looking out for you?

If he was, it’s a little too late. I’ve already made that mistake. I was with someone for seven years, since I was 14. I don’t know what he was protecting me from, because I’ve already done that. I didn’t get married, though, thank God.

What do you think the answer is to the people who wonder, “If she was too young, why was she cast in the first place?”

It’s hard to explain. It would have been OK if it was just matter of not having a connection, but I also had to wonder why I was kept there that long if that was going to be his excuse. I wasn’t the first one to go. It’s like, you say you’re trying to protect me, but at the same time, you played with my emotions because you kept me here when I’m too young for you. I don’t know, I think he might have just said that to make me not feel bad, even though I knew how the game works.

Were you concerned about the age difference?

Only in the way that it made me an easy target, since I was so much younger than all the other girls. But I figured once I opened my mouth and proved I could carry a conversation, it wouldn’t matter at all.

What do you think about Tully?

I don’t hold grudges, and I don’t hate the girl, but I think it’s funny that to this day, she’s still writing stuff about me on her Facebook. She acts like a child and I’m the one who has to grow up? It’s ridiculous that I’m arguing with someone who’s older than my mother. She pointed out the way I talk and categorized me as a certain type of person, but I can’t help that I’m Italian and I grew up on the East Coast. I have an accent. And they didn’t show it, but Antonio told me he liked my accent during our alone time. I don’t hate her, but I think she’s annoying. I think we all felt that way, but I was the only one who said it. She was always mocking the other girls, but everything she made fun of was what was unique about us. She just judged us all, and it’s like, you’re not perfect either.

Any regrets?

Sometimes I feel like I could have been a little more aggressive with Antonio so that I could have gotten to know him sooner. That way, he would have known the connection wasn’t there earlier, and someone else could have stayed.

taken from: vh1.com

-JT

No comments:

Related Posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails