Share Content





















Thursday, October 1, 2009

Flavor Flav to return to reality TV , comments on Ryan Jenkins




VH1’s premier ladies man (or…whatever) Flavor Flav is aiming to go back to school and reality TV in one fell swoop. He’s teamed up with producer Eric Ortner and, according to Access Hollywood, Ish Entertainment (the production company responsible for My Antonio and Paris Hilton’s My New BFF, but not Flavor of Love — that was 51 Minds) to shop a new unscripted series that will find him pursuing his high school diploma. (Flav says he dropped out of school in 10th grade.) “I just want to show the world it’s never too late to get your diploma, and show kids they should stay in school and not wait until you’re old to get it,” he says. “Everybody sees me as this big love mogul. Now I got a baby girl, I’ve been there and done that and now it’s time for the next episode.”

Does everyone see him as a big love mogul? I see him more as a philosopher/hype man. And he seems to see himself as a pioneer. He went on to talk about his impact on reality TV: “I’ve been known to be a leader and I’ve had a lot of followers and there’s a certain franchise I’ve set up on VH1. This show can be big enough to change the direction of reality shows.”

Also of note, he commented on the Ryan Jenkins tragedy. (Admit it: you’ve been waiting for Flavor Flav’s take on this whole thing.) He says it broke his heart and added, “It’s really messed up, love can make you and love can break you. This guy definitely couldn’t handle it.” So he’s a social commentator with a heart of gold, too, I guess.

No word on when the series (whose working title is, cleverly, Flavor Flav Goes Back to High School) will begin airing or on what network. [The Hollywood Reporter via Videogum]

Credit: vh1.com

No comments:

Related Posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails