Share Content





















Friday, July 9, 2010

Bret Michaels talks about his recovery and new album on Entertainment Tonight


Bret Micheals was recently on Entertainment Tonight and he speaks about his recovery ans his new solo album "Custom Built"





Now he has a brand-new album out, Custom Built -- which features his cover of the Sublime hit "What I Got" -- and he's currently on tour with Lynyrd Skynyrd. But does he think he pushed himself to get back on the road too soon?
"I'll be honest with you. I took every precaution," Bret says. "I wouldn't do it if I thought I was going to die. Like, I wouldn't do any of this stuff if I thought it was going to kill me."
"I fought too hard to live," he continues. "I want to show people I'm healthy. I feel great. I'm thankful for all the well wishes and everything that came my way, but let's get back to having a great time. Let's get back to rockin' again."
He began rocking again on the "American Idol" finale in May, singing his signature hit from his days with Poison, "Every Rose Has Its Thorn." And last month on "Good Morning America," he joined Miley Cyrus, who covers the song on her album Can't Be Tamed. The connection continues on Bret's album, with Miley singing harmonies on his song "Nothing to Lose."
Their pairing -- and the song's suggestive lyrics -- created some controversy.
"Miley and her family -- Tish and Billy Ray and all of them -- they've all been friends, you know, I've known them for a while. They've been out to our shows and my daughters have been to her shows... And she [Miley] came in and sang a really, really awesome harmony to it. And it caused amazing controversy out of nothing. Like, literally, there was all this, you know, 'How can they be singing a duet together?' And I said, 'It's not a duet. She's singing harmonies.'"


His new VH1 reality show Bret Micheals : Life As I Know It officially starts in the fall. We got a taste of a sneak peek of the show back in May.


No comments:

Related Posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails