Share Content





















Monday, August 30, 2010

VH1access Interview: Beth - Rocker Mom (Money Hungry)

This is my first exclusive interview with a cast member from Money Hungry. I did an interview with Beth who was on the Rocker Moms from Money Hungry. She is the blonde wit the glasses.

We discussed about her time on the show. She says it was an "opportunity of  a lifetime" She also says being on a reality show was "surreal"  you have cameras around you even when your sleeping. She is rooting for The Orphanage alliance in which Rocker Moms was part of. She also says that Josh from No Excuses was a douche on the show. Follow her on twitter


VH1access: Hello Beth thanks for doing this interview.
Beth: What a pleasure, thank you! Carrie can also be found on twitter @RockerMomCarrie if you want to get in touch with her! Also I can get you pictures this week if you want them.



VH1access: How was your experience being on this show? 
Beth: I loved being a part of Money Hungry! It was hard to be away from my family for 3 weeks but it was an opportunity of a lifetime to say the least! I loved the people, truly. The cast and crew were amazing to work with. It was amazing to be a part of something so unique. I will treasure this experience forever.



VH1access: How was the audition process?
Beth: I was just excited to get to go up to Chicago to meet with casting directors. It was a lot of fun! The hardest part was finding out I needed to raise the 10k!



VH1access: How did it felt like being in a reality show?
Beth: It was so surreal. I tried to prepare myself for cameras all around but I had no clue what it was REALLY like. I remember the first night almost running away from them! I will never forget climbing into bed and hearing the camera move to follow me--then 10 minutes later peeking out of my covers only to see a man with a camera a foot away from my face! Very strange! Also, you are truly on production time. It is like being a little kid being told what to do and when to do it. I am so used to "bossing" others around (my children) --to being the one being bossed. I do not think you forget the cameras are there but you start not to care!



VH1access: Did you get along with any of the other teams?
Beth: I did. Some more than others of course. I think it is natural for alliances to form. That is how "real" life is. We cling to people that we hit it off with. I felt lucky being a part of the Orphanage group (Slimpossible, Nuts, Grading Curves, Chicago Deep Dish)--they were a strong group of people. Hilarious people that I would want to hang out with outside of the house. Everyone had a big personality for sure--and I did like everyone--just not living with some! 



VH1access: Many people out there think that "Pair Of Nuts and Jamie from Roll Models was on this show to get TV time. What are your thoughts about that?
Beth: I think we were ALL there to be on t.v. I mean, why go on a reality show if it is not to be seen? I do think it was a little intimidating at first seeing people that were enjoying the camera so much when I felt terrified. I felt they were comfortable putting themselves out there for everyone to see and I was nervous, almost shy at that prospect of the world seeing my weight. In hindsight I would enjoy the process more and laugh more at myself and the silliness of the show. I was on a fat show for heavens sake! But to begrudge them for trying to further their careers? Hell no. I would love for this to GIVE me a career! And you know what? Jamie and The Nuts made for great television!



VH1access: Let's talk about Josh (No Excuses), he seems like a backstabber from watching the show.
Beth: Uh, yes. Josh wasn't afraid to even throw his own partner under the bus. I felt a bond with Josh and Melissa right from the get go. We talked and stratigized almost immediately. I believed his word was good, and I could not have been more wrong. When he voted to keep Jamie he betrayed Carrie and I. You do not see it on the show but I had it out with Josh a few times. He put us in an awkward position to choose sides in the house. What it comes down to is Josh divided the house before he ever had to--it was terrible game play. I feel like in the end--yes it came down to the scale--but the Rocker Moms would have never been on the chopping block if it were not for him. He made a lot of enemies in the house. For some reason Josh got way too big for his britches. I have no doubt he is a nice guy in "real life"--but as for the game he was a total douche.



VH1access: Was there a lot of drama that went on that we did not get to see?
Of course! It appears that Rocker Moms are sweet all the time, just go with the flow kinda girls. Our motto now is "I am not a nice girl, I just play on on t.v." You do not see everything that is for sure. They show what they want to show. Lets be honest you can only show so much in one hour. Slimpossible trying to get people to switch their votes is a lot more entertaining than me trying to persuade people I suppose. I get that. However, I wish I didn't look so spineless. I am not a girl (nor is Carrie) that goes down without a fight.



VH1access: What are your thoughts on Dan Cortese?
Beth: Aweeee, I love Dan! Seriously, he must be one of the nicest, most sincere guys in Hollywood. He would literally sneak to talk to us and get to know us. He was so genuine. He was funny, charming--can you tell I adored him?



VH1access: Were you disappointed that you were eliminated on the show?
Beth: Of course I was. I felt like I let a lot of people down. We had sponsors that gave their money, friends that pitched in, we sold anything and everything we could for Carrie and I to go. So yes, disappointed is not a strong enough word. It almost haunts me to this day thinking what I could and should have done. Maybe I could be 100k richer.Normally I think everything happens for a reason. This has been extremely challenging to accept and figure out the reason though! But it was bittersweet. I missed my family tremendously while I was gone. My 7 year old daughter said to me when I got home, "I don't care if you are fat or skinny! I am so glad you are HOME!"



VH1access: Doing this show, did it kept more motivated to lose more weight after your eliminated?
Beth: Oh yes. Talk about the ultimate accountability! I may not be losing as fast as I would like--or as fast as I could have at the show, but I am doing it. I am making myself a priority and taking care of my body. I know this is my time. It is now or never.



VH1access: Thank you so much for doing this interview. Do you want to give a shout out to anyone?
Beth: Oh thank you! Truly it is a pleasure! I would like to thank my fellow Rocker Mom Carrie (the ONLY person I could have ever done this with), my sweet supportive husband, my children, and the friends and family that supported me. Also all of our sponsors: Reality Wanted, Boudoir Noir, Levy & Sons, Scrap Brats, Innovative Pain and Wellness and Poop Happens. 

No comments:

Related Posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails