Share Content





















Thursday, September 2, 2010

Fantasia Testifies at Vh1 HQ


Fantasia Barrino stopped by VH1 headquarters to speak on how she’s getting over recent drama and to give employees an impromptu performance. By now, you know Fantasia is well on the path to recovery after attempting suicide last month. She downed an overdose of aspirin and sleeping pills amid allegations that she created a sex tape with her married boyfriend Antwaun Cook The medical emergency came days before the release of her current album Back to Me. Since being released from the hospital, Fannie has been very open about what lead her to want to kill herself and how she’s bouncing back from it. Staying true to form, she opened the show by sharing how she’s choosing to use her music as a means to heal. “What I do is…I use my life as a testimony to help other people. Humans people who really go through things,” Fantasia told the small audience gathered at VH1. “Not too long ago, I went through something I really don’t wanna relive, I don’t wanna ever be back in that place again." Before launching into “Free Yourself," she continued, “I’m going to use this album and me getting on the stage to let loose and let free and tell my testimony every day because I’m never afraid or ashamed of who I am. So now I’m going to free myself again. "

No comments:

Related Posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails