Share Content





















Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Jessica Simpson keeps it real



photo

Q: You've been criticized in the media for your weight, but you seem to handle it well. Any advice for those struggling with body and esteem issues?
A: Be true to your own inner beauty. Find what makes you unique and focus on that instead of what you think other people see when they look at you.




Q: Where does your strength come from?
A: I think through meeting women all over the world for Price of Beauty. I really learned that we are all unique in our skin, and you have to own that. I have the best support, a great family and friends who are there to remind me when it gets tough.




Q: What have you learned about your own style through the years?
A: It should be effortless. When you feel good in what you are wearing, it's a natural fit. A pair of worn-in jeans can be as sexy as a red-carpet dress. I try to define my style, and collection, in the same way.




Q: Many women, young and old, profess a love for your shoes. What do you look for in a shoe?
A: Mainly, I look for comfort, but I love to wear heels. Sometimes if the shoe is amazing, I have to suffer for the sake of fashion!




Q: How many pairs do you own?
A: More than 300 pairs. I actually cleaned out my closets this summer but couldn't get rid of any shoes from my own collection plus countless more.




Q: What's the one outfit you feel great in no matter what?
A: I feel the best, and most like myself, in a great pair of jeans, a T-shirt and high heels.




Q: Any favorites in your Jessica Simpson Collection for fall?
A: I've been wearing the Vintage Flare (jeans) a lot lately. It must be my Texas roots, but I always love a little flare. I also love the Forever Skinny and Jeggings. They look great with my boots. We've got some great blazers and fashion sweaters this holiday, too. For shoes, the knee-high boots are so hot, and we are bringing back my favorite shoe, the Dany, in new colors and materials.




Q: What's something surprising about you?
A: I love photography. I collect old vintage cameras and love to take pictures of clouds.




Q: You are a proud Texan. Anything you miss about living here?
A: I would say first and foremost I miss my grandparents and then Tex-Mex. You cannot find true Tex-Mex anywhere else in the world. And I also miss the friendliness of Texans.

No comments:

Related Posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails