Share Content





















Saturday, October 9, 2010

VH1access Interview: Jackie/Kaitlin (Money Hungry)

I recently did an interview with Jackie/Kaitlin who was The Slenderellas on Money Hungry. They made it to the final 4 on the show. We discuss about their experience on the show. They said that being the show was "the amazing thing that they ever did"

We also talk about their favorite challenge, who they got along with and what they have been up to since the show.




 Hey, thanks for wanting to an interview.

Thank you for the interview.




How was your experience being on the show?

Being on Money Hungry was the most amazing thing I have ever done. I have always been a huge reality t.v. addict, so the fact that we made it on the show was a dream come true. I was always that person at home watching similar shows saying, "I could definitely win that challenge," and it was a once in a lifetime chance to prove I could make it through challenges, and even win one! It's sad that the ratings weren't what we were hoping for, but I met the most amazing cast, who will be my friends for life, and worked with the most helpful and caring crew I could imagine. 




What made you guys decided to name your team The Slenderellas?

Coming up with our team name was kind of hard for me and Kaitlin. We literally wrote down a page full of adjectives and a page full of synonyms for fat, skinny, and any other weight loss terms we could think of at the time. Finally, after hours of brainstorming, and calling all of our closest friends for ideas, we came up with Slenderellas. It is really just a play on words. Money Hungry was our Cinderella story, it was our chance to prove to ourselves that we can be competitive and become the slender selves that we have inside. Cinderella story + getting skinny = Slenderellas.


How was the the filming process? and also how did it felt like being on a reality show?

The filming process was much different than I had ever expected. There were times where we had to sit for long periods of time, not knowing what challenge we were about to do or where in California we even were. But, I guess that was one of the fun parts of filming a t.v. show. I can remember only being wierded out by the cameras for two days, tops. Some days you wake up and they're in your face and some days you wouldn't even notice they were around, but that usually meant there was drama elsewhere, so go find it! What viewers don't realize is that sometimes what seems to be an intimate bathtub scene between a few friends, really has about 6 camera and mic people standing around. It is really so much fun and I hope to be involved in television for a while, in front of the camera or behind the scenes. 




What was your favorite challenge?

By default, my favorite challenge was the first puzzle challenge because we won, but I really enjoyed the 'Spare tire' challege with the cars parked on the bridge. They closed down a major bridge in Los Angeles for US to do this challenge. That was so cool! Plus, I thought it was a really cool concept. We split tasks in this challege, Kaitlin got to prove her endurance in running the first half of the course, and I used my size to shimmy through the back seats and hop over the cars in the second portion. It also showed us how car we had come physically because we were not too far behind Slim and Grading Curves. 




You guys went far on the the show. You made it to the final 4. Did you ever thought you would have made it that far in the game?

If you had told me while I was raising the $10,000 that we would make it to the final 4, I wouldn't have doubted it. I am very competitive and like to keep a positive outlook on every situation. Up until Dan asked for our gym passes, I thought we would be there till the finale. 





Is there anything you would have done differently on the show now that you are eliminated?

There were times when I was watching the show that I would judge ever decision I made in the house and come up with some different plan I should have done. Well yeah, it's easy to say what I would have done differently, but I'm sure we all would have manipulated the game perfectly now that we know everything that happened. The Slenderellas made it to the final 4 of Money Hungry and all I would have done differently is acted like a fool to make for better television.



Who did you get along with the most on the show?

I'd say I got the closest with Stephanie. We were roommates and we had similar struggles within our teams. Kaitlin and Philip, and Stephanie and I all had similiar starting weights and weight loss through the weeks. Being in such similar situations, Stephanie and I became workout buddies, pushing eachother and making sure the other doesn't slack off. Of course, I love everyone in the 'Family', but especially Dave and Po. They were like real brothers to me. We would go swimming with them almost every night and that was our time to bond and get away from drama for a little bit. They even gave us dating advice and taught us that no man should treat us as less than a queen. Last but not least, our final orphans. Mark and Joe are honestly two of the nicest assholes you will ever meet. Minus that one time they didn't give us immunity, they were true to their word and wanted the best for everyone. And Grading Curves, unfortunitely I didn't get a chance to really bond with Missy and Tricia until our final couple weeks as the few girls left standing, but our fears of being booted out by the boys gave us time to really get to know eachother. 




What are your thoughts on Dan Cortese?

Dan is the shit! I'm not sure if all hosts care, but Dan really wanted the chance to get to know all of us. There were times behind the scenes where he would want to come and hang out with the cast but could only do so for a few minutes until someone yelled at him. He even offered to cook us all dinner once. Yeah, he might have been joking on the last one. Dan Cortese is has a dirty sense of humor and hes hot! I give him a 10.





Now that you guys are eliminated, what have been doing now since the show?

Since the show ended I have done a lot! Kaitlin and I worked at Camp Kingsmont, the weight loss camp we met at, who helped sponsor us, for the second half of the summer. Once that ended I had to come back home to work and support my traveling addiction. A local bar, that I hosted a fund raiser at, allowed me to have some viewing parties on Monday nights. I had a handful of viewings and was able to have friends, family and fans together in one place to watch the show. It was even better when Kaitlin got to be there because she is a celebrity to my town. Also, I just recently met up with Kaitlin, Phillip, Double Chocolate, Family Size, Roll Models, and Mission Slimpossible in NY for GL's comedy show and a viewing at Slim's bar. We had so much fun finally being together without stress! Many more Money Hungry visits are in store for the year, we have a lot of the US to cover. I have also been taking yoga and going to the gym regularly. I never thought the transition would be so hard, but I'm maintaining my weight loss and I am feeling good!

Do you guys have any upcoming appearances or other projects that we should know about?

I live outside of Boston and Kaitlin lives in Long Island, so unfortunately we don't get to see eachother on a regular basis. However, we are in the works of planning a 10 day road trip to the Great Lakes area, or wherever our hearts guide us to, we haven't decided yet. But, in anticipation for our own show, we are planning on video taping our adventures and making video journals for all to see! This should be great. We are two people who really enjoy ourselves when we go out, and I think people enjoy meeting us, too. It gets crazy.

To pay it forward on our weight loss journey, Kaitlin and I are also going back to Camp Kingsmont next summer. We are looking to be inspirations in the lives of overweight children and teens. If you know anyone between the ages of 6-18 who are struggling with weight loss, or would like to help these children, please go to www.campkingsmont.com and you can see where our journey began and our goals will be met! :)




Well thank you guys for your time. Do you want to give a shout out to anyone?

We would just like to thank all of our sponsors and the people crazy enough to give us money to get on this show. With out any of those $5 donations from strangers or long lost friends, we would never have made it on this crazy show!! We owe everything to our friends, families, and our new Money Hungry family. YOU WILL SEE US SOON AMERICA!

No comments:

Related Posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails