Share Content





















Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Daisy Of Love's Big Rig Wins 4th Straight Win @ Strikeforce Challengers


Daisy Of Love's Big Rig won his 4th straight win at the Strikeforce Challengers.

via aroundtheoctagon



“Man it was a lot of fun,” explains Riggs. “I was glad Strikeforce let me fight on their card so close to my hometown. Everywhere I looked in the crowd I saw someone I worked with, was related to, or went to school with. I thought I might be nervous but I was really relaxed going into the fight.”
Fighting in front of your friends and family might sound like a little extra pressure but Riggs wasn’t worried about letting anyone down. “All I wanted to do was put on a show and get the win. James (his opponent) and I go way back. We used to train together. He and I talked and it was nothing personal. He wanted to knock my head off and I wanted to do the same. Afterwards we shook and hands and even hung out a little later. I wish him the best. He’s a tough dude and he really pushed me. I am kind of pissed he messed up my hair though (laughs).”
Now on a roll with four straight the sky is the limit for the man dubbed “Mississippi” by former UFC light heavyweight Rampage Jackson. “I feel really good and I’m on a roll. I got two straight first rounds knockouts this summer then I got a big win on Bellator in September. Then I picked a win Friday for Strikeforce. It’s all leading to bigger and better things. I’ve been working hard and trying to learn as much as I can because I really feel I can mix it up with the best in the sport. I’m gonna take a little time to spend with my son and then get back in the gym and get ready for the next one.”

No comments:

Related Posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails