Share Content





















Friday, November 12, 2010

Football Wives Dawn Interiews With Celeb Promoter


Dawn Neufeld Of VH1 Football Wives - Exclusive Interview With Celeb Promoter

“Dawn Neufeld” has a story to tell, her side of the story, her personal feelings on the reality show and the drama packed events. The new series of VH1′s “Football Wives” has created some controvercy between the cast members and a specific individual. If you thought Pilar was the only outspoken person on the show you’re very mistaken.
The Exclusive Interview with “Dawn Neufeld,” In response to the controvercial outbursts of the ‘Football Wives’



Celeb Promoter: How do you feel about Pilar and her negative statements about the cast members?
Dawn Neufeld: It is so difficult for me to hear Pilar say negative things about our show, cast and crew. We spent three long months working on Football Wives and did our best to present our “real” lives, so to hear her say in a radio interview that VH1 staged or set up a scene really makes me upset. I don’t want people to think that any part of what they see on the show isn’t real. I can’t speak on Pilar’s behalf (maybe she was the one not being real), but I can tell you that my life and how I presented it are my reality. My son has autism, we are having financial difficulties like most NFL players do after retiring from the league, etc. To insinuate that any of our story was set up is a slap in the face. I hate that I’ve spent so much time dealing with “Pilar’s” issues. Please know that anything I’ve said publicly in regards to Pilar has been in response to something she’s said or if I feel I need to set the record straight. I’ve never come out of the box throwing stones. I responded to an interview several weeks ago where she said the rest of us knew each other before we started production (not true) and then insinuated we bullied her. That’s a serious accusation – one I don’t take lightly – so it needed to be addressed. To hear people say that we’re just hating on Pilar and that we’re jealous because she’s pretty is ludicrous. We’re football wives – we’re around beautiful women all the time. Pilar isn’t the first pretty person I’ve encountered and I’m certainly not jealous because of her looks. I’m no supermodel, but I’ve been told I’m decent-looking. And I have an education and two degrees to back up what I’ve got on the outside. Nothing to be jealous about there. Is it the money I’m supposedly jealous of? I learned a long time ago that money doesn’t buy happiness – it’s certainly not something I’d be jealous of.




Celeb Promoter: If she left the show would you or anyone else care?
Dawn Neufeld: I don’t hate Pilar – we just don’t see things eye-to-eye. Personally, I think Pilar has an interesting story and point of view to share with people and I think if she had invested more into this project and been more authentic, it could’ve been a wonderful opportunity for her. Now, if you ask her, she’ll tell you she was being real. Those of us who worked with her for three months didn’t get that from her. Deciding not to come back if we get a second season is her choice – I wish her luck.



Celeb Promoter: You have a nice sense of style and fashion: who do you think is the best or worst dressed on the show?
Dawn Neufeld: I’m so laid back – put me in jeans and a t-shirt and I’m good to go. I think Chanita and Amanda’s stylists did an amazing job with both of them, but Erin was our suprise fashionista – she has a fashion background and would show up to events and get-togethers looking amazing! We always knew to check out Erin’s shoes. One of our cast members seemed to have throwback or vintage style – I’ll let you draw your own conclusions about who that might be after you check out the season.



Celeb Promoter: Oh, I’ll definitely check it out, the vintage style seems hilarious, lol. What seperates “Football Wives” from the other programs on TV, and why did you accept the invitation to join the show?
Dawn Neufeld: I was approached a while back to get involved with the show and I didn’t hesitate to get on board. I’ve always said I wanted to tell what our lives are really like – dealing with injuries, job insecurity, constantly moving around, that we don’t all make a million dollars a year. The show also gave me an opportunity to promote autism awareness since our son is affected by it. I never considered turning down the opportunity. I think a big difference between our show and some other reality shows is that most of us are married with children and careers – our reputations are on the line. I’m an attorney, and if I’m on camera pulling hair or fighting with someone, I risk getting censured professionally. There are real consequences to acting out for the sake of television, and that’s certainly not something I was willing to do. We tried to expose the not-so-glamorous side of football, and for some people, it might be a little too real. There is some drama coming though – I hope people tune in or they’ll miss out!




Celeb Promoter: You’re a very beautiful woman, and you also have a successful academic career: what advice would you give to the kids who look up to you?
Dawn Neufeld: Get an education! There is nothing more important in the world than having an education. Young ladies should aspire to be more than someone’s trophy wife – be about something, support charities, help others. Life is way too short to focus on things that are fleeting.



Celeb Promoter: Is there anything we left out that you would like the people to know? Anything Juicy and revealing :-]
Dawn Neufeld: I can’t tell you too much, but I get into a verbal altercation with a cast mate in an upcoming episode. I’ll say this – you really, really, really have to piss me off before I cuss you out!

No comments:

Related Posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails