Share Content





















Tuesday, November 16, 2010

VH1 Story Tellers T.I Airs December 10th 2010


ti_storytellers2

Just three days following the debut of his 7th album titled No Mercy, VH1 will premiere T.I.’s very own VH1 Storytellers special.  Taped at NYC’s Hammerstein Ballroom, the event features tracks from his newest album No Mercy as well as hits from his critically acclaimed releases including, I’m Serious (“Still Ain’t Forgave Myself”), King (“Live in the Sky”), Urban Legend (“Motivation,” “Bring Em Out”) and Trap Muzik (“Rubber Band Man,” “I Still Luv You”).  VH1 Storytellers: T.I ., will air on Friday, December 10th at 11/10C on VH1.

Following in the VH1 Storytellers format, T.I. answered fan questions and talked about redemption, accepting responsibility for past decisions and finding his way through troubled times.  T.I. confessed, “Even when I lose faith in myself there is something in me that speaks through and says I am not finished yet.” Viewers will gain a unique opportunity to hear T.I. share his stories and the inspirations behind each song. One example came later in the show during one of his most poignant songs, “Live in the Sky” where he opened up about the subject of the song by saying, “Before I could make my way to real success my cousin found himself in a situation and he took the bad end of a gun and lost his life in the same house as his 3-year-old son and his wife. That just hit me real hard and for him to have had as big of a part in the beginning of my career and not be there to see it turn into what it has turned into today opened up a lot feelings and emotions to me that I just had to put into music.”

No comments:

Related Posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails