Share Content





















Friday, March 25, 2011

VH1 Access Interview: Basketball Wives' Tami Roman

Tami Roman



Hello Vh1ccess.net Readers Its VH1iNFO Here With an Exclusive interview With Basketball Wives Newest Cast Member Tami Roman. Who was On The Real World In the 90's. Here she Dishes About the Season 2. and Little Details of Season 3 Coming this June.








Hi Tami Im so H=happy to finally interview you. I Listen to your interviews, and Radio Hosts pointed out that you were approached for season 1. Why didnt you, and what made the second season your time?


 My manager told me that VH1 contacted him about the show and I didn’t really want to do it at the time because I didn’t want to be associated with reality TV. I have spent almost 10 years trying to establish myself as an actor in the industry and felt it wasn’t the right move for me. However by the time season 2 came around, I had experienced so much hardship and trials (which I overcame) that I wanted to use the platform as a medium to reach people with the hopes that they would learn from my experiences.








For MTV fans- Your were initially on the real world. What are some differences on the Tami Back then, and the Tami Roman Now?


I’m a mother of 2 girls-I’ve been married-divorced-rich-poor-up, down and up again. I am a completely different person with how I approach life. I live a faith based life and have made God the ruler of my house. However, just because I’m a Christian doesn’t mean I’m a punk.








The Fans Absolutely Love you. The reactions were phenomonal. Did you think you get that reaction, maybe the one everyone would Gossip about?


 Never really thought about “reactions”. I simply wanted to come on the show and tell the truth about my story. I didn’t plan anything out or try to be something that I am not. I came as myself – some people like me and others don’t – but they have to respect the fact that I’ve been real since the first day on the show.








Honestly, I can say that you were my favorite this season. Your were Real, and brought alot to the table. You gave alot of advice. Do you consider being a Life coach sometime Like Tionna ( What Chilli Wants) Or Laura Baron ( Your Cut Off)?


Absolutely! I would love that – that is why I am writing my book. It’s an inspirational memoir to which I hope people will learn about my life’s journey and not just the 1hr they see on TV. I believe that my experiences and coming out on the other side of them – still standing – will serve as encouragement, inspiration and motivation for the reader. Several people have said that I should do a show to help people find the “real” inside of them- that would be fun. “Get Real w/Tami Roman” LOL, I like the sound of that.








We all felt bad about the Situation With your daughters, and Kenny Anderson. How are the relationships between them different since production?


If I do Season 3, you will find out








.Everyone Loves to have a good time, and Drink. And there were a few moments on the show where a different side of you came out. Whats Her name? (LOL)


I always joke and say that side is T-Ro LOL, but the truth of the matter is that there is no alter ego necessary. I’m me all the time – good, bad or indifferent. I’m progressing towards positive changes and thus going thru a learning phase. That’s a part of life.


As Evelyn and Suzie Beefed, you suddenly became involved. Suzie was also talking smack about you. At that point, were you like "Yes this girl is phony."









Regarding Suzie, I just felt that I wasn’t given the proper introduction LOL – she didn’t allow people to make their own assessment of me as a person. I understand that she was looking out for Royce, but she should have let things play out and then if she felt what she heard was true, she could have stepped in and “warned” Royce. The way that she did it, she caused Royce to put her guards up about me without merit.


The Ratings were sky high on the finale. This finale concluded with the biggest fight all of season 2. Even Evelyns Boobs were About to Play "Peek a Boob."What Was the actual reason behind it all?


 In all honesty, I liked Evelyn and thought we were cool. Not saying BFF’s or anything but she is fun to be around, keeps you laughing and is so full of spunk. I liked her energy and thought we were progressing towards a potential friendship. I really thought we were building. Finding out she slept with Kenny was a “non-motherfucking factor” as far as I was concerned, but what did matter was the fact that she didn’t tell me. I was under the assumption that we were close enough for her to have told me long before the big blow up. I also didn’t like the fact that she called me out of my name and disrespected me on so many levels…none of which revolved around her sleeping with Kenny. It was more about our relationship or lack thereof that hurt me the most.








After that the reunion clearly showed that use were still not cool. How are things with Evelyn now?


I honestly haven’t spoken to Evelyn. I heard rumors that she wasn’t coming back to the show and I reached out to her to find out. It would be weird for me without Evelyn-whether we get along or not, she is a staple for this show. That’s like All My Children without Erica Kane – she is an important piece of the puzzle that makes the show work. Just as we all are – we all bring something special but the beauty is it really only works if all the pieces are there…that’s just the truth of how I feel. Regarding us being cool or not – we were fine with our lives and our own friends before BBW and I’m sure if we never spoke again, we would still be fine.








Throughout the season you had few confrontations with Jennifer, and Evelyn. Which Fight was Your favorite?


Odd question – don’t really condone my behavior in either incident. It’s just something that happened the way it did – I don’t have a favorite – sorry.








There were reports from TMZ About you girls gettin paid $7,500 Per episode. Is this true?


I don’t know how much anybody is getting paid. Contracts are kept confidential.








Another report is that you have founs love. Will we know who it is anytime soon?


 Oh God I hope not. I’d like to keep that aspect of my life to myself. He is not camera hungry – more of a behind the scenes guy and he’d like to keep it that way – so do I.








We Want to know what you think of The Cast Now In One word.


Shaunie savvy


Evelyn shady


Jennifer meek


Royce spitfire


Gloria feisty


Tami..... B.I.T.C.H.


Ashley sweet


Eric Williams?.... no comment








Speaking of Eric Williams he was the most hated on the show. what is some advice you have for him on how to be a man to marry?


No comment – he has to take his experiences and apply them to the future. Each man has to complete his own journey.








Looking back on the show what are some things that you want everyone to be clear about?


I would have to say that I am not a one dimensional person. No person walking is one dimensional. Don’t believe that what you see on TV is the only aspect to me as an individual. There is more to me in my entirety. I’m not saying that what you saw was fabricated, because it wasn’t. That was me and those were my actions – good, bad or indifferent. I’m just saying that what you saw is not all I am.








Now that Season 3 was Picked up, and premiering in June. If you do return. What are some things you want to be different?


 I would have to say for my particular story – season 2 was about me “getting my groove back”, so to speak. Season 3 should be about what I plan to do with it LOL. I’d like for people to see the things I’m working on to show my growth and the growth of my daughters. I definitely don’t want to see so much confrontation, but with too many women, that may be inevitable. Still debating on what I can bring to Season 3 that will be of value – I always want people to continue learning from my experiences.








Will you be returning?


 Not sure








There are rumors that filming started. But it seems to me that everyones in different states. Not all filming in Miami. Any confirmation on this?


I know that I am still in NYC – not sure on the other ladies’ locations.








I heard your working on a pilot. What is that about?


The network will not allow me to speak on the pilot at this stage.








What are some Projects that your working on as to Keep yourself going in the industry and not just another Reality star who we wont hear about in 2 years?


 I am still actively auditioning when I can which keeps me sane LOL. This year, I booked a role on a USA pilot – I’m writing my book – I produced a short film called THE TOMBS - I am creating an inspirational jewelry line for designers YvoneChrista – I’ll be working as a guest DJ for WEDR 99 Jamz in Miami and I am developing a phenomenal website that I will give the details on later.






Well Tami Roman thank You so much for your time. I wish Best of luck. Thank you for supporting me as well. Any last words?


Yes, Les Moonves -Tyler Perry – Dick Wolf – Jerry Bruckheimer – Johnathan Littman – Nick Santora what’s the hold up? Give me a shot, you won’t regret it! Oh and Chris Abrego, how about Charm School “The Get Real Edition”? Let me whip the “realness” into these chicks. J








Also contacts for everyone to keep updated with you?


Twitter @tamiroman or via my website tamiroman.com

No comments:

Related Posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails