Share Content





















Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Newest 'Single Ladies' Denise Vasi On her Experience Filming & character


VH1 catches up with Denise Vasi, who is the new leading lady. Remember she isn't replacing Stacey Dash, but she is playing a whole new role.

I’m assuming you’re in Atlanta now, how long have you been down there?
I am, I’ve been here now for a week. And this weekend has been the first time I’ve actually gotten to experience a bit of it because it was pretty much straight to work as soon as I got here.
How did the first week of filming go?
It went really well. The first week, we had a blast. We did a whole girls’ thing a night or two before we started shooting.
Can you tell me about the character you’ll be playing?
Her name is Raquel Lancaster and she comes from high society Atlanta, her family is pretty typical to that as well. What I think the audience will identify with is that Raquel doesn’t come with the pretentiousness that she could, and there’s this idea of what a woman coming from old money, Tuxedo Park Atlanta should be like and she’s not like that. Her journey is in finding herself again. She hasn’t taken a dime from her parents since college, she’s made a name for herself, but she’s going to ask herself, is this who I really am, and am I making decisions based on what I want, or on what’s expected of me?

No comments:

Related Posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails