Share Content





















Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Celeb News: Keshia Chante Speaks Out On Not Getting Aaliyah Biopic Role


"I Just Didn't Feel It Was Right"

 106 and Park host, Keshia Chante, is finally speaking out about not getting the Aaliyah biopic role. Last month, she posted a Facebook message "the audition" indicating that she was auditioning for the role and had a picture of her looking like Aaliyah.



She finally speaks about not getting the role on her Instagram page basically saying bowed out the movie after her family disapproved the biopic


"Now regarding the Aaliyah film, I just want to say Thank You all for the outpouring of love & support. You guys went so hard!! It’s really touching to know that you root for me! Words can’t even express. But this particular project just wasn’t for me. After learning more about the situation & how the Haughton family truly felt, I just didn’t feel like it was right. But at the end of the day, this is just one, of what will be many movies on Babygirl’s life. So maybe one day, if it’s the right circumstance, timing & I get the blessing, I’ll choose to be a part of something. Until then, keep#Aaliyah’s legacy alive & positive! And support my girl Zendaya who is just living out her dreams & workinghard to do so!" 

xo KC

The role went to Zendaya and ironically she was on 106 & Park announcing the role


No comments:

Related Posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails