Share Content





















Tuesday, June 2, 2015

'OITNB' Star Laverne Cox Writes Hearlfelt Message About Caitlyn Jenner





Laverne Cox On Caitlyn Jenner


Orange Is The New Black and former reality star Laverne Cox is speaking out about Bruce Jenner coming out as Caitlyn Jenner in Vanity Fair magazine. Laverne, who herself graced the cover on TIME magazine a year ago,  posted a heartfelt message on her Tumblr page saying the 'most most beautiful thing about is 'her heart and soul'


 "Yes, Caitlyn looks amazing and is beautiful but what I think is most beautiful about her is her heart and soul, the ways she has allowed the world into her vulnerabilities. The love and devotion she has for her family and that they have for her. Her courage to move past denial into her truth so publicly. These things are beyond beautiful to me. A year ago when my Time magazine cover came out I saw posts from many trans folks saying that I am “drop dead gorgeous” and that that doesn’t represent most trans people. (It was news to be that I am drop dead gorgeous but I’ll certainly take it). But what I think they meant is that in certain lighting, at certain angles I am able to embody certain cisnormative beauty standards."
 

No comments:

Related Posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails