Share Content





















Sunday, November 7, 2010

Queen Latifah Talks About Her VH1 Scripted Series " Single Ladies"


We chatted with Latifah about her news, which includes producing a show on VH1 called Single Ladies.
Debuting in July 2011, it stars Stacey Dash and Lisa Raye McCoy as bachelorettes looking for love. (In real life, QL doesn't have such romantic problems -- she's rumored to be happily dating trainer to the stars Jeanette Jenkins).

Tell us about the show.
It's a concept my partner Shakim [Compere] and I came up with -- VH1's first scripted television show. It's something a lot of women and men can relate to right now.

What is the best advice you can give to all the single ladies out there?
Stay true to yourself.


How do you like being behind the camera?
I love it. My partner and I have a production company and a full functioning studio in Miami.
We always have had a real hand in creating stories and scripts and characters in all the projects I've been in, so it was time to take it to another level.


What have been your most memorable roles?
All are pretty special for different reasons, but I would say either my role in Life Support [a drama based on Andrea Williams, a real-life HIV-positive woman who devotes her life to helping others] because she was so courageous, or Chicago. Mama Morton was such a fantastic, over the top character.


Do you have a dream costar? Director?
Yes, I'd love to do a movie with Sandra Bullock and Quentin Tarantino.


What do you think of all the rappers turned actors? Do you think you led the charge?
I don't think any one thing of one group of people. We're all individuals, but I'm proud that so many of my peers are so talented. And I do think of myself as somewhat of a pioneer, but it was a natural progression for me.

No comments:

Related Posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails