Share Content





















Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Exclusive 'My Big Friggin' Wedding' Interview: Mrs Meatballs




If you're a fan of Jersey Shore and you haven't checked out Executive Producer SallyAnn Salsano's latest UNICO-angering venture, My Big Friggin' Wedding, set your DVRs to Monday nights at 9 on VH1 now.
In the meantime, get to know down-to-earthnewlywed mom Megin, who gave birth to the couple's first son (and her second) in last night's episode. In this exclusive Stir interview, Megin promises "craziness all around" for her and Johnny Meatballs, as well as the other featured (and arguably more dysfunctional) couples.




It's been several weeks since MBFWstarted airing. How has your life changed, if at all, because of the show?
 I get a ton of friend requests on Facebooknow, but that's about it. I'm not a celebrity orAngelina Jolie; I was simply a bride-to-be who agreed to be filmed planning the wedding of my dreams Jersey-style. I don't let being on TV get to my head. I'm still a mom first and foremost, daughter, sister, and companion.








Planning a wedding can be super stressful. I can't even imagine doing it pregnant! How did you deal? Any advice for other brides-to-be who are also expecting?
I'm not a planner. I change my mind a billion times just getting dressed in the morning, so you can imagine planning a wedding. I had a lot of help and advice from my friends. I was very emotional, especially being pregnant, and I took a lot of it out on Johnny. The only advice I can give to any bride planning a wedding expecting or not is you should always listen to people's advice, but it doesn't mean you have to take it in the end. It's your special day.








Agreed! Which couple on the show do you think most people can relate to? Which couple do you think is the most outrageous?
I can only speak for Johnny and me, but our storyline goes far beyond planning a wedding. This past year was the most emotional year I've had between having a baby, planning a wedding, starting a business — it was a lot to deal with — and I think people can appreciate that raw honesty. I've only met the other couples one time at a photo shoot and I can tell you we are all pretty outrageous and crazy. Ya kinda have to agree to having cameras follow you around!








Can you give us a couple teasers on what's ahead for the couples of MBFW?
I can tell you that each episode will be more intense as the big day gets closer. The show is going to be insane. Besides the normal tanning, yelling, clubbing, there's picking the venues, finding the bridesmaid dresses, family drama ... it's a lot to fit into 10 episodes. I mean, at one point, Tammie thought she was pregnant, Sandra quit her job, I needed to have the baby in time to fit into my dress ... it's craziness all around. This is not your typical wedding show.








Finally, let's get to the important stuff: Was it the man or the meatballs that won you over?
Johnny's Meatballs are delish, but I have to say it is his charm that still gives me butterflies. You can have a taste of his meatballs (but not him!) by going to www.johnnymeatballs.com.


No comments:

Related Posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails