Share Content





















Friday, February 17, 2012

Love and Hip Hop's Olivia Reveals Album Coming Summer 2012 + Favorite Producer


Olivia Reveals a lot of album information for all the fans. She is also bothered about the editing of Love and Hip Hop. The situation with Chrissy & Yandy was the most one she hated.

Which producer on the album did you enjoy working with most?

Missy [Elliott] and I, she's one of my good friends also and one of my favorite producers to work with, if we work at that hour, the best material comes out. I don't know if its because you're that tired. The material, the writing, everything just flows so much better.

One of my favorite records I did with her is called 'Settle Down.' Obviously it's about settling down in a relationship and I'm saying, "I'm ready to settle down." It's a dope song. It gives me that Mary [J. Blige] '411' feel but I'm singing like a Jazmine Sullivan. It's a mid-tempo.

Is the album done?

Probably come out in summer. We're probably adding one or two [tracks]. We have like 100 songs basically so we're figuring out what were going to keep on the album. That's been the biggest problem because there's so many good songs. I don't write to give album cuts; I write to make sure it's a single. And that's why 'December' and 'Walk Away' have a certain sound because I want people to walk away with music that you can listen to over the years. Not just something you can play this summer and then next summer, you're like "That song isn't good anymore."

hen you look back on it, what really angered you besides that?

How they probably tried to portray me with the Yandy and Chrissy situation. I've known Yandy for eight years now, she was a part of my management company at Violator. And Chrissy, I've known since season one of 'Love & Hip-Hop.' I love 'em both so I don't understand why you would try to put me in the middle of two people that I really am friends with and expect me to choose a side. Then make a long storyline like, "Ooh, is Olivia gonna choose a friend?" No, a--hole, she's friend with both of them. We're grown and not playing in a sandbox here. They cut out certain parts where I speak to Chrissy and say, "You know, I sat down with Yandy and everybody else." But to the general public, because they cut it out, it looks like, "Oh, you're having private meetings... you're being a backstabber." It's annoying.

No comments:

Related Posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails