Share Content





















Sunday, June 24, 2012

'Love and Hip Hop: Atlanta' Becomes The Latest Show to Boycotted


Boycotted?

First it was Basketball Wives, now Love and Hip Hop: Atlanta has become the next show to have a boycott petition. Ever since the show aired there has been drama left and right. Now there is boycott.  Kelly Smith Beaty, who was a contestant on The Apprentice explaining how this show degraded black people in Atlanta.

"I, like many of you, watched in complete horror as a cable network debuted yet another reality drama based on black life as it purportedly unfolds in the ATL. I will refrain from mentioning the name of this show because if you saw it then you already know what I’m referring to and if you didn’t then I do not wish to entice or encourage you to seek it out. In fact, the more that I reflect on my feelings about what I witnessed Monday evening, the more I realize that my disgust lies not just with that particular show alone, but with the way that the city which was once a symbol of black progress is now being portrayed in the media as a whole.

"Series after series I have watched with great chagrin as popular reality TV franchises select the jewel of the south to lift the veil of mystique behind the city’s affluent and create what ultimately amounts to a ratings bonanza for the networks and a cash windfall for the producers."

Read the rest of the article Here

No comments:

Related Posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails