Share Content





















Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Somaya Reece Talks Life After 'Love and Hip Hop" and New Reality Show


Somaya Reece Now

Reality News: It's been a while since we've heard from former 'Love and Hip Hop' cast member, Somaya Reece, . She was one of the original cast members of the original 'Love and Hip Hop' and departed after season 2.

In an exclusive interview with 4umf.com, she opens about why she left the show by saying she just 'decided to move on". She also shares her thoughts on 'Love and Hip Hop: Atlanta and she is also working on her own reality show for Nuvo TV.


On why she left "Love and Hip Hop"
“Everything is fine. I just decided to move on from it, and she was cool with it, and that was really about it. I think it’s something juicier to say we have drama, but we don’t, and it was just not for me, at all, and we did discuss season 3, but it’s just not for me. It’s not for me, it’s not for Chris [Chrissy], it’s not for Emily, it’s not for Kimbella, it’s not for none of us that left the show. Everyone left for the same reason, and sometimes it’s better to do that, then to continue to work on something you’re not passionate about anymore.”



Her thoughts on 'Love and Hip Hop: Atlanta"
“You know what, everybody on that show is exactly how they are on the show in person. Some people just act extra crazy when the cameras are on, and that to me is not really authentic. They’re definitely authentic. It’s a show that I would really not like to be on because it’s so much going on, but they know what they’re doing, you know. They know what they’re doing. It’s TV that’s built for people to tune in to. I have met Joseline, Stevie J, Benzino, and they’re really cool people to me. I don’t really watch it, I caught two episodes from the first season, and never watched it again. From what I did see, that’s what Mona wants, you know, to push that type of television. She knows what she’s doing, and so does the production company, and I can’t say that I would watch it. It’s not my thing, but it doesn’t mean I would bash anybody for it, you know.”



Her new reality show
“It’s not about not doing another reality show – I just don’t want to do that kind of reality show, that’s really about it. I would pretty much not want to be – I don’t want to have go to bed every day and think about should I wear sneakers today in case somebody wants to fight me, that’s not what I want. (laughs) I want to do another reality show just not a negative one. I’m currently producing & developing a show right now and it is about my hectic life,  taking on the role of taking care of my family, managing my career independently,   and a big part of my life is moving back to LA from New York, and I’m doing it with John Doe Media, and it will air and premiere in the spring of 2014. This show, will show you what I was showing you guys in season 1, which is my real struggle with transparency – I don’t pretend everything is perfect. I still have to juggle my life, family and career on my own.”
“It’s not easy because I am an one woman army if you will, and launching my fitness brand, opening up my record label, launching my boutique fashion line, this all coming together, flourishing, and I’m just really glad that a lot of fans are there for the ride. My current reality series will be launched on Nuvo TV. So, I’m just blessed that a lot of people are interested in giving me a show; it’s just that I don’t want a negative show. I don’t think you need to do that to get ratings. That’s a different type of show. There is an audience and there is room for those kind of shows. I think that’s what people mistake that does not reflect me. I do charity work, I go to shelters and juvenile halls to speak about violence so how would that reflect me being on a show where someone’s always trying to throw a punch at you. That just doesn’t make sense to me, at all.”


No comments:

Related Posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails