Share Content





















Wednesday, September 3, 2014

'Love and Hip Hop's Saigon: "VH1 Had Something Personal Against Me"


Saigon Explains Why He Quit 'Love and Hip Hop'

Ex- 'Love and Hip Hop: NY' cast member Saigon did an exclusive interview with HipHopdx.com and part of the interview he explains in he further details why he left the series. Him and his baby mama Erica Jean were introduced as a new couples in season 4.




He tells the site that VH1 has 'something personal against him' and he also says he cursed out the producers. For not having any balance on the sow. Everything they was negative.



"It goes to show you the state of our people. When I say “our people” I don’t mean black, I mean [the] state of young America, ‘cause I don’t think this is about color when we deal with the youth anymore. When little kids come up to me and say, “Yo, Saigon from Love & Hip Hop!” and they’re like seven or eight years old, I go, “Your mother let’s you watch that?” Because all they put the spotlight on is ignorance. We shot a lot of things that if they would’ve showed it, would have showed me in another light. But when they shoot you for six months, they’re gonna get some bad times as well. We shot for six months, and all they showed was the bad stuff.
I’ma tell HipHopDX some real shit. I quit in the middle of that show. This is why it came out bad and why VH1 kind of had something personal against me. I used to curse the producers out. Ask anybody...Peter guns, Joe Budden. I told them, “All y’all do is marginalize anything we do positive. Anything that makes us look good, you marginalize it, and then you put a spotlight on the negativity. I understand that it’s a reality show and you need drama, but where’s the balance?”




No comments:

Related Posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails