Share Content





















Wednesday, July 21, 2010

VH1access Interview: Courtnee Mason (You're Cut Off)

Here is my interview with Courtnee Mason from You're Cut Off. In this interview she says that being on You're Cut Off will be the experience that she will "truly never forget" she also says that she is  "thankful to be chosen" to be on the show. She also says that Chrissy also has a story just like when Gia revealed to her that she had postpartum depression. She is also a celebrity blogger for Russell Simmons Global Grind.com.
Follow Courtnee on Twitter






Here is the interview:


How have you been?
 
Well besides waiting on Producers, Casting Agents ,Tyler Perry to call me for shows & upcoming movies and Victoria Secret to call me to model in their Fashion Show in Dec.2010…. I’m doing pretty well. LOL
 
 
How was your experience doing the show?
 
This is an experience I will truly NEVER forget. I am very thankful for the opportunity to have been chosen to be on this show. This show has opened my eyes up to a lot of things and all I can say is …God is good! I love meeting new people and hearing the girls stories and I feel God has placed me in their lives as well as mine for a reason.  I am thankful!
 
 
 
 
How did it felt like being cut off?
 
“Cut Off” lol….I wouldn’t say “Cut Off”. I would call it more like a Motivational Boot Camp. I have always been one to chase my dreams and my parents and sister have always been there to support me. I think it is their way of saying “Courtnee we love and support you in all you do, but it is time to get a job in your career and stop settling for any ol thing.” Which is VERY understandable, that is why I want Tyler Perry, Denzel Washington, Oprah, Will Smith and Brad Pitt to call me!
 
 
What was your favorite lesson?
 
My favorite lesson by far was when we went to PATH (People Assisting The Homeless) because I love to give back to others. I get joy out of making other people happy and making them laugh.  I started a prom dress drive as a pageant queen a few years ago as well as donating fruit baskets to local shelters. I am a very giving person not for the sake of taking credit but because little gestures makes people less fortunate happy. At the end of the day when and I die and go to heaven I want God to say to me “Well done my good and faithful servant.”
 
 
 
Watching the show, it seems like you did not get into many arguments/fights with the girls. Did you get along with most of the girls?
 
I got along with ALL of the girls….even though they all got on my nerves at some point and time….lol.  Although it is not shown I broke up a lot of arguments and a lot of the girls came to me for guidance on certain situations. I am way to grown to be a part of drama and I refused to become a part of it. What do I look like arguing on tv about some elementary stuff??!! Not a good look.
 
 
What are your thoughts on Chrissy? Did you think she deserved to go home?
 
Although Chrissy was portrayed as a disrespectful little twit (for the lack of a better word) she could have benefited from the program. Like I mentioned to Gia on the show… “When Chrissy is ready to change, she will change” but you can never force change upon someone. Change happens when the party is ready, open and willing to change. All I can say is that there is more to Chrissy than meets the eye, she has a story to tell and I hope one day she is able to tell HER STORY. Despite what the viewers’ saw Chrissy is too funny for words. Did Chrissy deserve to go home??….ummm based on her disrespect to Laura, Laura’s Program and making us constantly wait on her …I don’t blame Laura for kicking her out of the program. At the same token we all came in the program together and I think we should have all left together, but maybe her leaving the show taught her an even bigger lesson than Laura could ever teach her (just “maybe”). I can’t lie and say I wasn’t aggravated with Chrissy’s behavior, but what can I say… I know that Chrissy and I have had deep talks on and off camera so to see her leave was bittersweet.  
 
 
What do you think of Laura Baron?
 
I love Laura! She has a HUGE heart and she really cared about ALL of us. I remember her tearing up with us on several occasions. What can I say she loved us and it was nothing she did for the cameras you can tell it was genuine. Even after the show she still calls to check in to see how I am doing and what’s next for me. Laura is one of a kind.
 
 
 
Who was your favorite guest?                                         
 
I loved meeting all of the guest, but I have to say my favorite guest was Michelle Williams (from Destiny’s Child). I love to see positive “Celebrity Christian Role Models” doing something in their community that people may not generally see. Being a celebrity of her status it was good seeing her helping out. I wish Michelle the very best of luck in all she does.
 
 
 
On the last episode, Gia opened up to you about having depression. How did you feel about her opening up to you out of all he girls?
 
You can always tell someone has a story by their demeanor. I knew that as “mean” as Gia was that there was something in her past or current future to make her act out the way that she did. Gia’s story is deeper than what the world saw, she too like Chrissy has stories to tell that could ultimately be a blessing and inspiration to others. I only wish that we all had more time with each other.
 
 
 
 
What have you been doing since the show?
 
Since the show I have been sitting by the phone waiting on a producer to say “Courtnee we want you to be in this movie/show” (I am not sitting but more or less praying)…lol. What can I say I was a Professional Theater Major at NC Agricultural and Technical State University (shout out to all my Aggies and the Theater Department). I am currently a “Celebrity Blogger” for Russell Simmons Global Grind. You can find my weekly blogs on www.globalgrind.com. Who gets to say I am a blogger for Russell Simmons website with over 1.7 million viewers a day (I’m thankful)?! I have been working on my business Bon Appétit Productions LLC. which is dedicated to feeding the mind, body and spirit through the arts along with some up and coming business adventures. Anyone interested in working with me email me:booking@courtneemason.com. I also have been teaming up with Our Face Enterprises LLC (which is focused on redefining our face in society) to work on some future projects.
 
 
 
 
You also have a blog. Can you tell us about it?
 
I actually have two blogs going I am a “Celebrity Blogger” for Russell Simmons Global Grind. You can find my weekly blogs on Russell Simmons website www.globalgrind.com. Also I have a blog on my website www.courtneemason.com (click the blog tab) make sure you join my blogs. I like to talk about life lessons, my personal experiences along with what I am up to these days and where you can find me.
 
 
 
Thank you for doing this interview. Do you want to give a shout out to anyone?
 
First and foremost this experience would not be possible if it wasn’t for my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ so I thank him for this unforgettable opportunity.  I want to say to my wonderful parents ,my sister Crystal and my future brother in law (you know who you are)  thank you soooo much for all you have done  and continue to do in my life I LOVE YOU GUYS! Of course my family (that includes you A.R.H lol) and friends (MBF) thanks for your constant and unconditional love and support!! X and Natasha (greatest makeup artist) thanks for the many photo shoots. To the best HBCU/University in the world North Carolina Agricultural and Technical State University “Aggies” I hope I made you proud (Aggie Pride). To my professor Miller Lucky Jr. your classes taught me a lot and have been a blessing in my life …thank you.  Last but not least to my wonderful fans thanks for showing me love!!
Follow me on Twitter:CourtneeMason
Check out my weekly blogs on www.globalgrind.com and www.courtneemason.com
Check out my website: www.courtneemason.com
Check me out on UStream:CourtneeTV
 
Until Next Time…

No comments:

Related Posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails