Share Content





















Thursday, August 12, 2010

VH1's Interview with April (Ultimate Catch)

April who was recently eliminated on Ochocinco: the Ultimate Catch did an interview with VH1.com.  She says for her the show was BORING. She felt like it did had enough excitement but she also says she does regret doing this show. She also happy the way she was portrayed on the show and does not care what others think about her.



How was the show for you?
It was a little boring.


Really?
Yeah, it was boring. I was hoping for a little more excitement, a few more athletic challenges. But it was an experience that I would never take back. I don’t regret it at all.


What was boring about it? All of the down time?
Yeah, the down time, and also just not seeing Chad. He was never there. I honestly feel like he was just never there to get to know somebody well. I think he went on what his type was, which we now was all about looks. So yeah, that was the boring part. We didn’t get to spend time with him.


Do you have any resentment for Chad?
Oh, no. It’s just a TV show, that’s how I look at it. I don’t resent him—I don’t even know him. I guess maybe I could because he took me to a laundromat, I was kind of like, “Really? Are you serious? Are we going to a laundromat?” But it’s TV and you’ve got to switch it up. I am the type of person who tries to make the best of everything.


That seemed like kind of a joke of a date, but at least you left with some jewelry to show for your time.
Oh yeah, definitely. I prefer jewelry over the dress anyway. All the other girls got dresses.



I thought it was interesting that you said on the show that your age was an advantage in this situation.
I felt that way not looks-wise, but wisdom-wise and regarding my maturity level as far as it being not catty. Maybe he likes drama, but a lot of the guys I know, especially of his age, are over the drama and kind would just like a girl that they know they can count on and rely on and not worry about. I think I had to bring the fun and the humor if he had more time to get to know me. I think I came across as kind of funny in episode 5. So I thought that would be kind of an advantage as far as being older than some of the other girls.


Did you have insecurity regarding your looks?
I wasn’t lacking confidence as far as my body goes. I feel like I looked better than all the 25-year-olds that were on the show. I think I look great. This is how I want to look. You can take it or leave it. I don’t really care. I know a lot of those girls have had stuff done to their faces so they are going to look a little younger. But with age comes a lot of wrinkles and sun damage so that was kind of like, “Ah well yeah I am kind of looking my age.” But honestly, I didn’t think much about that.


I guess what I meant the confidence thing I was talking about the date when you were nervous and you talked about feeling out of place.
I think I was feeling insecure about hair and makeup because that is one thing I don’t do. I don’t do hair and make-up when I’m at home. I’m basically working out all day so I don’t even do that. I put my hair in a ponytail and I don’t wear make-up. So there was no one there doing hair and makeup and I knew I was going out. I thought I was going out to a really nice date, so I wanted to look camera-ready. I guess that is what I was freaking out about.


Laurice said you were maybe “too manly” for Chad. What did you think of that?
Um, I don’t know. Her name was Laurice not mine. [Laughs] I don’t have a manly name. No, I know she had to come up with something and they had nothing else one me. Honestly, I’m a nice person, I’m a good person and honestly, I’m a genuine person.


What did you think about Laurice and you both getting eliminated? Were you shocked?
I was surprised but at the same time I wasn’t because, just like Chad always said, you want to keep people on their toes and he doesn’t do everything by the book. We knew there was a twist coming, but I didn’t know that it was going to be on me. I mean, I knew he wasn’t that into me, so it didn’t surprise me. But I was thinking, “What would he keep Brittany there?” Because I didn’t see that he had any connection with Brittany at all.


The reason he gave for you dismissal was that you were trying too hard to impress him.
Like I said, I think that it was one of those things and they needed to have a reason. I’m not a character like Tara or Jasmine. I know that I talked way too much on the date. That was the first time I had gotten a chance to talk to him since we had gotten there, so I was just like, “Get it out.” I guess I just got on a rampage and I couldn’t stop.


But were you honest the whole time? About the cheesecake and enjoying laundry and all that?
I really hate doing chores but the only thing that I like to do is doing laundry. I really do. As far as the vanilla bean cheesecake, I really do like to cook for other people and I do cook all of my food so. I was trying to make a point and I am a kind of passionate person so I have to reiterate it 5,000 times I guess.


I did enjoy your red velvet strategy though.
That was not a strategy and I think they edited that because that is not how it went.


Oh really?
I was talking to him asking him if he had ever had red velvet cake before because it is the best cake ever. And he was like, “No, I have never tried it.” So I said, “You should try it!” And then he ordered it and I was already planned on getting that. So he orders it and I’m like, “I’m getting that too.” So they switched it all around. Laurice had to have something to say about me because she and I got along just fine. I don’t want to talk bad about Laurice, but I had my plan and they obviously didn’t really bring it up. It wasn’t nice. I mean, she has a 10-month-old son at home. What is she doing on a reality show? That was my thing.  But that wasn’t shown on TV.



What did you think about your portrayal ultimately? Where you happy about it?
Yes, I was. I am very happy with VH1. I am very appreciative to VH1 for even letting me have the opportunity for this experience and for meeting Chad. I didn’t mind looking like I was trying too hard. That was me. All of my family and friends that know me and love me were like, “April, that’s you. That is so you.” I mean, they portrayed me exactly as I am. So I was happy with that.


You are one of the few people I’ve talked to who have been thrilled by their portrayal. Consider yourself lucky.
Yeah, I know. I am. I don’t care if everyone thinks I looked old. I was reading some of the blogs that said, “They took the old girl off of there.” But even other people were like, “We think she was genuine, she was just nervous. She talked too much, so what? At least she was a genuine person.”  And that was exactly my strategy.

No comments:

Related Posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails