Share Content





















Saturday, October 2, 2010

VH1access Interview: Phillip (Money Hungry)


I finally did an interview with the breakout star of Money Hungry which is Phillip who was on team Flabolous with Stephanie. He says that his experience on Money Hungry  "was one that I would not trade for the world"   We also discuss of a spin off show. He says that he would do a show with Jamie who was the team Roll Models and the show would be called "Phillip and Jamie Take Over NY" and also open to do a dating show.
Follow him on Twitter and follow Stephanie on Twitter


VH1access: So how was your experience on Money Hungry?

Phillip: My experience on Money Hungry was one that I would not trade for the world. I have made some life long friends and it was if nothing a major stepping-stone, for my new healthy life! It showed me that I can workout, I can change, and I am worth every bit of it! It helped me to hold myself accountable for MY weight loss and to stop dwelling on past hurts that contributed to my weight gain. I feel that Money Hungry was not given the chance to shine that it deserved. It was simply an amazing show, with a super cast. I mean clearly I was on it! How more super can you get! LOL just kidding.



VH1access: How was the filming process?

Phillip: Filming was cool. It was fun to learn all the hard work that goes into making a show like that. It is so many people that do vital work that are all behind the scenes. Even after everything I went through on the show I would love to do it all over again. I wouldn’t even have to think about it.



VH1access: Did you like the way VH1 portrayed you on the show?

Phillip: I mean it is reality TV and it was Vh1! Like I said before this isn’t a regular channel. This is VH1! LOL. I mean I am sure everyone on the show has quips about editing and portrayal but overall I am happy. I wish they would of showed more of the workout though. I worked very hard the week I was eliminated and actually every week I was there. Losing weight is a battle! I laughed when Po of the Regulators said one week that I wasn’t working out as hard as I could and was treating this like a vacation. PULEASE. Living in the Money Hungry house was as far away from a vacation you could ever be! Suckas.



VH1access: Who did you get along with the most on the show?

Phillip: I got along most with Family Size, Slenderellas, Double Chocolates, No Excuses and the Regulators. Everyone in the house had moments when they got along, and moments when they fought. I am sure everyone had moments when that hated me. LOL.



VH1access: How is Stephanie doing?

Phillip: Stephanie is great! She is still working out losing more weight and if I am not mistaken she night be about 30 pounds or so from her goal weight. She looks amazing. I am sure she would love to interview with you too! It would give her a chance to have her voice heard since I kind of overshadowed her on the show. It wasn’t on purpose I swear!



VH1access: What are your thoughts of Josh having a crush on Stephanie?

Phillip: No Comment. A guy like him would never stand a chance with a knockout like Stephanie. And that is all.





VH1access: You seemed very pissed off when Mission Slimpossible messed with your microphone.

Phillip: YES I was PISSED! You know I was in the secret alliance with Mission Slimpossible then and I knew that they would put Jell-O ON my microphone. They promised not to damage it. When I saw that it was filled with Jell-O and possibly not going to be able to be used again …I WAS LIVID! I was steaming mad!



VH1acces: On the show you said that your grandfather have been in the hospital. How is doing now?

Phillip: He is still ill but working through it. The grandfather who is sick who they show me talking to on the show is not actually the same grandfather who gave Stephanie and I the money to go on Money Hungry. He loved the show though and that it was awesome that he could hear himself on TV.



VH1access: Is there anything that you would have done differently on the show?

Phillip: If I could do Money Hungry again, I would probably not change a thing. Try to push myself harder in the workouts and try to compete harder in the challenges, but I was an Ace at the game, as you know. I might not have drunk as much as I did on the first night.



VH1access: What are your thoughts on Dan Cortese?

Phillip: Dan Cortese was an AMAZING host. We got to spend a lot of time with him on the challenge days. The first day we walked on the steps of the money Hungry house Dan runs out and everyone is like “Who is that?” I guess I was too young to remember his prime MTV days, but he was real cool on the show.




VH1access: Did your family tune in to watch?

Phillip: Yes. My entire neighborhood did. My little brother and sisters just LOVE the show. My grandfather who gave me the money to go on Money Hungry didn’t watch regularly though. He said football was more interesting. He still doesn’t know that I lost. I can see it when I talk to him that he is just happy that I am losing weight and changing my life for the better. That means more to him than the 10 stacks. I would still have loved to win it though!



VH1access: Being on a weight loss show, did it kept you more motivated to lose more weight after you were eliminated?

Phillip: YES! I workout with my trainer Brittany Ramsey 6 times a week. I also do morning and evening cardio by myself at the gym or at the park by my house too. I am down around 70 pounds since the show started but 100 pounds since around March/April. I no longer inject insulin and I am just excited about reaching my goal weight of 260lbs! You couldn’t hold me down when I was 470lbs. I can only imagine what I will be doing at my goal weight.



VH1access; Now you were clearly the break out star on this show and many of fans are demanding VH1 to give a spin off. What type of show would want to have?

Phillip: Oh thanks. Everyone keeps calling me the star. It is quite humbling. I am open to many shows. I would love to hear what kind of show my fans want to see me do? Any show I do will surely have a weight loss aspect to it, even if it just shows me working out occasionally. I have made a lifestyle change and will not back step. I would like a dating show possibly or something along the line of me moving to a new city and trying to further my career in the industry! Jamie of Roll Models said we should do a show called Phillip and Jamie take over NY! I am pretty open though.



VH1access: Are you doing any other projects/appearance that we should know about?

Phillip: Well on October 12, at 7:30pm I will be an Honorary Ringmaster for the UniverSoul Circus in my hometown of Chicago, IL! I would love to meet my fans there and take pictures, answer questions, shoot anything, just have a good time! I have some other projects in the works that I am not really at liberty to talk about in detail but I would love to do an online radio show! I am geeked.



VH1access: Well thank you Phillip for this interview. Do you want to give a shout out to anyone?

Phillip: Yes I would like to give a shout out to a few people. First, I would like to thank GOD because my Money Hungry and continued weight loss experience would not be possible without him. Allowing him to USE ME is what keeps me going! I want to shout out my partner Stephanie who held me down everyday in the house! I would like to shout out my wonderful at home trainer Brittany Ramsey, she is truly a blessing and pushes me when I think I can’t work anymore. I want to shout out my registered dietitian Andrea Williams who is helping me with my diet and teaching me how to eat for a lifetime. Weight loss is not just working out or just eating clean. It is a vital combination of both! I would like to thank my grandfather James C. who supports me in everything that I do and last but not least you John for interviewing me and of course my FANS! Without them I am nothing! Everyone please follow me on twitter and facebook @phillipnlambert. Follow the other half of team flabulous Stephanie Lynn @fabdivasteph. Follow my dietician on facebook Andrea Williams and my bomb.com trainer Brittany Ramsey on twitter and facebook @missfitbrit! Ask her all your health related questions! This is not the last you have seen of Phillip!




No comments:

Related Posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails