Share Content





















Saturday, November 13, 2010

My Big Friggin Wedding Cast Respond To Italian Group that wants to Cancel it

unico
My Big Friggin Wedding cast Are responding to the italian UNICO critic, which wants to cancel the show. This group feels like the show is racist on all sorts of levels.

Here’s Johnny’s take:
“Mr. Andre DiMino should find something to occupy his time with rather than calling for cancellations of TV shows which he feels are ‘racist.’ He calls me a ‘celebrity wannabe.’ Is he a wannabe entertainment critic, a wannabe Italian Al Sharpton, or both? He should focus his efforts into actually making UNICO relevant within the young Italian-American community, instead of blindly bashing anything a young Italian-American does!!! I guarantee Mr. DiMino would change his tune about me and my family if he actually got to know us and what we are all about!!! Evidently he does not follow my blogs or my YouTube videos or know about any of the multiple, positive endeavors which I’m involved in—including my thriving self-made food business. Maybe if he did this, he might see that I actually bring something of substance to the table and am not just looking for a quick ‘15 minutes of fame.’ OK, rant over. Back to cooking meatballs.”




And here’s what Tammie has to say on the matter:
“I think they’re bored and they need to get a life. I think they’re looking for another show to target, since Jersey Shore isn’t airing right now. They just need something to talk about. In the show’s defense, it isn’t like the Jersey Shore at all. The show isn’t all Italians. [Her fiance] Danny’s Haitian heritage is embraced on the show. I’m half-Greek. This show isn’t about Italians, it’s more about East Coast weddings. It’s not called My Big Friggin’ Italian Wedding; it’s called My Big Friggin’ Wedding. If they think it’s so Italian, obviously they’re not watching the show. I think if they saw it, they wouldn’t really be that offended.
I don’t think that we’re low-class. Everyone’s different on the show. I’m no bimbo. I’m actually a very smart individual. The show has only aired two episodes, so to judge it off of that is ballsy. Once you get to my wedding, you’ll see it’s very classy. Danny’s very classy. So, I guess what I’d say to UNICO is: watch the whole show and then we can talk. I would love to sit down with these people, whoever they are. Put me and UNICO in a room and we’d have a nice discussion. But they would never win with me.”  - via VH1.com









No comments:

Related Posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails