Share Content





















Saturday, November 13, 2010

VH1access Interview: Dawn (Football Wives)





My blog partner Brian who is VH1info did an exclusive interview with Dawn from Football Wives. Check It out!



 Hi Dawn How Are You?

  Hey Brian - thanks for helping us pub Football Wives - I appreciate it!



 So your a cast member on FootBall Wives, how did you get On?

  My fellow cast mate Chanita Foster is a good friend of mine.  She was involved with the project from the beginning and suggested me to the producers since she knew I had a good story to tell.  They interviewed a lot of ladies who were interested in being a part of the show - I was one of the lucky ones to be chosen!



Did you know the other wives before hand?

  Not everyone.  I've known Chanita for several years - we even served on the board of Off the Field together.  It's the national professional football players' wives association.  I'd met Melani and Pilar a couple of times.  Even though Amanda and I live five minutes away from each other, we didn't meet until after we started production.  Erin, Brittany and Mercedes are all new friends.



Up to this Point how well is your portrayal?

I think it's good - I can't complain about anything that's being portrayed on the show.  What you see is what you get with me.



Do you feel like it could be better?

I think it could be longer - 20 minutes a week isn't long enough to tell the stories we're trying to put out there.  With more time, we'd be able to tell the stories better - that's the only thing I'd like to change.



Ive been keeping You girls up with the ratings, and it should be better. What do you think is keeping it low?

Well, a couple of things.  The show hasn't really been publicized.  That's a bummer.  And we're on Sunday nights - that's a really tough night since we're competing against football.  Last week's ratings were down but we were in a new time slot and competing with a couple other shows in that time slot.  Bottom line though - people are watching - we are averaging around 700,000 viewers on Sundays.  With no publicity and with tough competition, I don't think that's all that bad.



There has been already a whole bunch of drama outside the show  why ?
  
It's a reality show - the drama doesn't stop because the cameras stopped rolling. 



Pilar seems to be like the villian, and a bad friend, tell us alittle about that?

I honestly don't think I've seen anything on the show thus far that would portray Pilar as the villain.  I think she's been funny and entertaining.  And we've got a villain - it's Chanita!  People love to hate her for some reason.  I think Pilar's behavior off camera and in the media is what's bringing her negative attention.  She can't blame anyone for that but herself.



She missed the premiere party Why?

 It's my understanding that Pilar hosted her own event that evening.  I don't know for sure because I haven't heard anything about it.



The Episode Where you made a Comment to Chanita's Child what really happened?

I made a comment to Chanita's young daugthers about them not being able to take dance classes because Chanita had to use the money to support children in Swaziland.  I was totally joking and they had no idea what I was talking about.  But in hindsight, it was inappropriate - I shouldn't have said it.  I do think Chanita overreacted though.



Fact that the show is more of a story rather than just show only the Wives. Was it easy filming?

I wouldn't say it was easy - but it was a great experience.  It was hard work and very demanding, especially emotionally when we dealt with some difficult issues.  But I had a blast and I'd do it again.



Tell us about your son who is diagnosed with Autism?

My son Will is on the autism spectrum.  He's a great kid who is very high functioning, but has some developmental delays that present unique challenges for our family.



Its such a inspiration to all the mother who are going through the same think, what is some advice to them?

Take it day by day and ask for help.  And most importantly, learn to appreciate and love the small things. 



I understand your situation somewhat becuase i have a cousin with it. For people that dont know what it is,can you give an insight?

I usually direct people to the Autism Speaks website - there is a plethora of information on the site, including a description of what autism is and what signs to look for.   www.autismspeaks.org



Everyone seems to compare  BasketBall Wives and  Football Wives and even Bash Them, whats your opinion on that?

Basketball and Football are two totally different worlds, so our shows are going to be different.  It comes down to what people are looking for.  Some people have called our show boring - that can only mean those people are wanting us to flip tables and fight all the time.  We just aren't about all that drama.  We do have some conflict though, and it's coming.



Shaunie Produced your show too, correct?  

Yes.



Other than a Football Wife, tell everyone about your other projects?

I'm a practicing attorney licensed in both California in Texas.  I do some local acting and hosting.  I am also involved in various charities including Garth Brooks' Teammates for Kids, The Layla Grace Foundation, Tackle Cancer Foundation and the American Cancer Society's Silver Dollar Ball.



Do you think that the show will get a Season 2?

I sure hope so - we have some unresolved issues...



Thank you for the interview Any last Words to anyone in that industry?

I hope people will continue to tune in and appreciate a "reality" show that's actually real!

You Can follow Dawn on Twitter @dbn13

No comments:

Related Posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails