Share Content





















Friday, February 25, 2011

Basketball Wives' Royce Clears Up The Rumors




Royce Reed Clears Up The Rumors




-Danielle Young Interviews Royce On Getting Replaced, All Star Weekend, and why she is still relevant.






What happened between you and the rest of the Basketball Wives cast over All-Star Weekend?


I honestly have no idea. I was minding my own business and started getting all these messages on Twitter about drama. I never messed with Shaunie’s man. We have actually never even held a full conversation let alone follow each other or Twitter or exchanged numbers. I actually laughed when I heard the story because y’all should’ve known right away it was false when they mentioned expensive shoes. Y’all know I love my Nikes.






Then why is the entire cast so mad at you?


It’s not the entire cast. Last I checked I was fine with Shaunie until I saw the interviews she’s been doing. But I’m cool with most the cast to be honest. It doesn’t consist of three people.






Did you ban the cast from the events you were hosting at All Star Weekend?


No and they all know that. It was an invitation only event and I was just the host. They made the guestlist, not me and we actually saw one of Shaunie’s PR reps at the Glam Glow Sports Spa Event on Friday who said Shaunie was fully aware she was invited.






Are you creating drama with the cast because you think you’re going to be replaced?


For all I know, I was returning. From my understanding, I will be on season three. No one has said anything otherwise. I don’t create drama. I’m not acting. I’m not a “chick” person, so I think drama with females just happens when it comes to me. I don’t dress the size of my bank account and I’m not into the expensive shoes. I’d rather purchase a house or go on a tropical vacation on a beach with friends and family. My days consist of theme parks, go karts, water parks and spoiling my son. Shopping is like a chore to me. I’m a tomboy and I don’t take myself too seriously. I have nothing to prove. People know [that] who I am is based off what I do and say, not what I wear. I’m the girl where we can argue and curse each other out and five minutes later I’ll say, ‘Whatever, let’s go to lunch.’ They’re the total opposite, they like to argue and I tend to laugh.






What made you decide to do Basketball Wives initially?


To have a voice for myself. Before the show I was being slandered and defamed in the media due to some personal family issues going on in my life. I was being blamed for things that weren’t true.






How has it helped your career?


It’s helped me in terms of getting my foot in the door and kind of clearing my name. I was a theatre major, so it’s definitely gotten me a few gigs. I’ll be doing a 14 city tour for a play called Cheaters written by Dennis Reed in which I play a main character.






Why would you want to be a part of a show where you have to constantly defend yourself and your actions?


I’m used to it. I’ve always been that girl. People feel because I’m little and I look young they can try me. I stay quiet and try to ignore things at 1st but it’s only so far I’ll let you go until I call you out on your BS and they got wind of that. I don’t mind defending myself.






You ranted a little on Twitter about being relevant…why?


Like I say all the time, my relevancy to the NBA is far more than who my son’s father is. I actually held a job. I danced for the NBA for three years for two different teams. So I think that makes me more relevant to the NBA than most the cast. But on top of that I have a book series coming out called College Girls, my dance company Fantashique, my non-profit organization Dance to Live that piggy backs off the Michelle Obama campaign for healthy kids and I’m about to do a 14 city tour for a stage play in which I play a main character. I’m a FAMU graduate and I’m using my degree, not someone else’s status. Regardless of what happens .I’ll still be able to stand on my own two feet.






Do you ever regret doing the show?


I don’t regret doing the show at all. I’m human, I make mistakes, but I’m ok with my portrayal on the show because it’s who I really am. I do wish they showed my funny side more. I also wish people could see who I am first and most of the time, which is being a mother and really into my family and true friends.






Has Shaunie changed since the first season?


I can’t say if she changed or not because she wasn’t really filming during the first season.






Has motherhood made you become more aware of your actions as a role model for women?


I’ve definitely grown up. I’m more cognizant of my actions and I learn from my mistakes. Being a mom has definitely made me put my priorities in a different order and Braylon is always number one. I want him to grow up and be proud of me. I want him to say mommy didn’t just sit on her ass and collect a check. He’s going to grow up and be proud to say my mother is Royce Reed. I will never drop my last name but I will put a dash behind it when or if I get married.






What do you have planned after Basketball Wives?


I plan on continuing my entertainment career. I’ve been dancing over 20 years, did competitive cheerleading for eight years, acting over 10, gymnastics for eight, I ran track, played the piano and I used to model. I have a lot under my belt and a pretty extensive resume. Hopefully when the show is over, I will have a lot more opportunities lined up to keep pushing. I also want to continue with my book series College Girls and possibly break it off into movie scripts. I’m a dreamer and an achiever so almost anything I reach for, I get.





via necolebitchie.com

No comments:

Related Posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails