Share Content





















Thursday, October 8, 2009

VH1 Interview: Classy (Real Chance of love 2)




“Life is not about bitching at people,” says Classy, summarizing what made her different from her fellow Real Chance of Love 2 contestants, as well as why she was accused of being boring. Below, Classy hits back at those claims, and she also talks about being called “ashy,” what she really thinks of Real, and how taking sexy pictures doesn’t diminish your level of class. And she does it all eloquently. It’s kind of great, actually.

How was your time on the show?

It was crazy. I can’t explain it any other way. I can’t even say it was a good crazy. It was just crazy. It wasn’t what I thought it was going to be. I thought I was going there to get to know Real, or at least to get him to know me, and with the way things played out, I don’t really think I had the chance. I don’t think he was interested. That’s fine, but it didn’t feel natural.

Is there any resentment for being kept around as long as you were, if that was the case?


No, that’s probably one of the positive things. Even though I didn’t find love on the show, people got to see me, even if it wasn’t the person I truly am.

How did you on the show differ from the person that you truly are?

They exaggerated my more reserved side. I wasn’t given the opportunity in the dates or even interactions to be funny or silly. They didn’t show me cooking for Real, which I did a few times, and which would have shown that I’m a caring, nurturing person. I didn’t have a chance to open up.

When you did open up, like on the date of the past episode, it didn’t go over well.

Well, Real did not play me the way it was shown on television. I understand it was supposed to be funny, but I would have told Real about himself if he actually did that. The way it looked on TV, it was just rude.

So you were joking around and making him laugh?

Yeah, I thought that date went really well. We were sitting very close and we shared food. There weren’t silences in our conversation. We were making fun of Poca. I was surprised I wasn’t invited for the nightcap.

Were you disappointed?

I wasn’t really disappointed, because Real said he needed to find out more about Poca because he thought she was hiding something. I thought that maybe it was a good thing that I wasn’t going, but I came to find out that it wasn’t.

At that point, were you still invested in finding love with Real?

No. A couple of episodes before, when he was sharing more of himself, walking around in the living room, talking about his life and what he was looking for, it really hit home that I wasn’t the one for him or maybe that he wasn’t for me. Everyone can see that I have a serious side, and I need someone who’s funny and light and spontaneous. I don’t feel that Real is that way, regardless of how he comes across on TV.

In your exit interview, you called Real a “wonderful person”…

Yeah, I mean, we all are in our own way, I guess.

Do you still feel that way?

I like to think that Real didn’t have a whole lot of say in how he came off toward me and on the show. Him not being interested in me, that’s life. I’m a big girl, I can handle that. I’m sure he’ll make someone very happy, but it’s not me and I’m OK with that.

What do you think of Chance?

He’s immature and he’s got issues that need to be resolved. And when I say “issues,” I don’t mean I don’t like him and that’s why he has issues. I’m talking about the way he treats people, especially females. He really needs to look into that because at his age, it’s really not cute.

What about when he called you “ashy”?

It was really rude, but I don’t take him seriously. You don’t listen to cornballs and take them seriously. He had lied and said that he didn’t say that, so I was glad that they actually showed him saying it on the show. But then he said that it was part of a freestyle and it was all he could come up with and…I really didn’t care. I was there to get to know Real, so all the foolishness in the house was beyond me.

Blonde Baller told me that you had a sort of exchange, in which you’d help each other out: you helped her with her eyebrows, she helped you with your ashiness. Did you get that impression?

No. I helped her out with more than her eyebrows. I helped her with her makeup and Sassy and I dressed her at times. She was just telling me about what Chance said to be funny, I guess. She was just kidding around and I kinda forgot about it as soon as it was over, but then it became a big deal.

She had made a comment that when she walks away from people, it’s because they’re too stupid for her to talk to. But you had the same level of education as she did. Did you have a sense of intellectual superiority in the house?

I can’t say I felt like the smartest person in the house, because not a lot of the girls displayed that. It wasn’t their motive. But I definitely felt like I was the most mature. I didn’t get into the bickering, or the cattiness or anything like that. I wasn’t afraid of it, it just honestly didn’t interest me. A lot of people feel like I was being boring, but life is not about bitching at people. Over stupid stuff, no less.

Was there a story you came in with that led you to be called “Classy?”

I don’t think it was a story as much as the way I carried myself. Before the show, I did a lot of urban modeling and a lot of people are confusing “classy” with pure or being a saint. Classiness has nothing to do with that. It’s an approach. It’s a relative term. As a glamor model, I did lingerie and bikini stuff, and it was classy for what it was. You didn’t see me bent over with my cheeks spread. It was beautiful, it was sexy and that was my goal. I try to approach situations with class. A lot of people say that because I have sexy pictures, I was being fake on the show. I would love to know what type of person these people think it takes to be in these kinds of pictures. Are we all drunk, loud strippers? No.

I like the phrase “classy for what it was,” because one could make the argument that you don’t tune into reality TV to see dictionary-definition classiness.

Exactly. It’s probably the complete opposite. Like an oxymoron, right?

You said that staying around for so many episodes was a good thing. How much did exposure factor into your decision to be on this show?


Maybe 40 percent. I went in wanting to see what Real was really like, and I am at a point where I haven’t been in a relationship for a while, so I was open to it. And I wanted to see how it would go being on a reality show. Yes, it’s a popular show on a major network, and I wanted to be seen. It wasn’t necessarily for the modeling, though. I’ve been doing that for two-and-a-half years, and I’ve been in a few of the major magazines and I’m not even sure that I want to continue doing that. I mean, I’m open to it, but it’s not my goal. I want to do other types of TV, movies and things like that. I kinda mostly did the for the experience and out of curiosity.

Is there anything else that you wanted to talk about that we didn’t cover?

I just want to emphasize that a lot of people don’t understand me or the character of Classy. I’m not a boring person, it’s just that this wasn’t the right environment for me to show that. A lot of people like the girls that run around in their bikinis – and there’s nothing wrong with that – getting naked, getting drunk, acting wild, and people like that. But at the same time, they talk about those girls without taking them seriously. It’s almost like I’m being punished for doing the right thing, and I don’t think that’s fair. But we’ll see who gets out ahead.

vh1.com

No comments:

Related Posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails