Share Content





















Monday, July 19, 2010

Starry Magazine interviews Jessica Cimato

Jessica Cimato from You're Cut Off did an interview with starrymag.com . She talsk about her time on the show.  she also campaigning to get for a You're Cut Of reunion show.




Q.  You were just featured on the show "You're Cut Off," how did you get involved with it?
A.   I knew I was signing up for a reality show but I didn't know which reality show I was signing up for.  I thought I was signing up for "The Good Life" and it turns out when I was flown out to LA and brought to The Beverly Center I realized it was actually a different show. 






Q.  Was there ever an indication that things might not be what they seem?
A.   I flew out to LA and I was treated wonderfully, I can't even explain it, they did everything as if I was on "The Good Life," as if I was out there filming that show.  Even up to the second I went to the mall and they said take your credit card, go shopping, and have a great time.  I was like okay, they're filming now and I am shopping at the mall.  It wasn't until they declined my credit card and brought me into a back room that I had any inkling of a major problem.
Q.  When you did realize what was going on, what made you want to stay and stick it out?
A.  What made me want to stay and stick this out was the fact that they said nobody thinks any of you can do it, nobody thinks you have the willpower and none of your benefactors believe that you are capable of changing.  That was just like, alright, now I have to do it! 






Q.  Was there any of the other girls who you really gravitated towards in the beginning?
A. I gravitated towards Gia and Chrissy from the start.  I can't really explain why, I think I was able to cope with Gia because she was rough around the edges and she seemed more my speed.  The other girls were so ditzy, air-headed and obnoxious, it was just not me, I couldn't do it.  The same thing with Chrissy, she was rough around the edges and exactly someone I would choose to be friends with.






Q.  Do you keep in touch with any of the girls at all?
A.  Actually I don't even talk to Gia and Chrissy I do talk to from time to time.






Q.  Is there a reason why you don't keep in touch with Gia anymore?
A.  I guess I saw Gia's true colors, I guess I saw what everybody in America sees, I just saw it a little late though.  She started to piss me off when we were at the house but maybe it was the pressure of being in the house.  I was stark mad too, but I gave her the benefit of the doubt.






Q.  Were there some girls that you didn't want anything to do with?
A.  It's pretty much clear to say that I didn't get along with Erica from the start.  I tried giving Erica many chances and there were a lot of arguments with Erica and other girls in the house.  Including Courtney, sweet Courtney, she would flip out on Erica.  There was a lot that wasn't shown and Erica's personality is an acquired taste, it takes a lot of time to get used to.  She comes out with a little off the wall stuff and a lot of us couldn't handle it because she was just very obnoxious and very snooty, and we were like, you don't have the right to be snooty.






Q.  What was the hardest task or challenge for you?
A.  By far without a doubt the camping trip was the hardest thing for me.  I didn't have my bathroom, I didn't have a bed to sleep in, even in that house I was covered in mosquito bites anyway.  It was horrible, I hated every second of it.






Q.  What have you learned from your experience being on the show?
A.  I definitely learned to stop taking people for granted and to appreciate everything that I have in my life.  I have learned to appreciate my family and what they have done for me.  I can see that there is a change in me as far as that.  Other things it's very hard to change in eight weeks, but being more appreciative, that has changed.  My temper has changed too somewhat. 






Q.  You're a part of Twitter, what makes you want to connect with fans that way?
A.  I get a huge response on Twitter.  I love Twitter, it's a great way for me to connect with my fans, they love to ask me questions.  I love to answer their questions, I love to say what really happened on that episode that night.  Of course I have my nonbelievers who have constant negative comments but you have to have the good and the bad with it.






Q.  You've been campaigning to get a reunion show for "You're Cut Off," is there anything fans can do to help?
A.  There is a "You're Cut Off" reunion petition out now that somebody made and they're trying to get so many signatures on that.  Also making "You're Cut Off" reunion as a trending topic would just show VH1 that there are a lot of viewers.  I know they get the ratings but they probably want to see how devoted people are to the show. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Would LOVE to see a reunion - I have signed the petition. Jess you may have a temper but it's so nice to see someone who can articulate well and has intelligence as well as beauty! If you don't get a reunion, would like to wish you all the luck in the world and like you said in the other interview, go back to your surg tech career - someone as caring as you surely would make a great one!

Related Posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails