Share Content





















Sunday, March 11, 2012

Executive Producer Jenn Graziano Reveals how each Mob Wife was casted


Interview with Complex Jenn reveals how each cast member got casted. Jenn also revealed her other projects she is casting in alot of different cities. Mob Wives chicago airs June.

When it comes to this show, the original Mob Wives, you’ve known the women for years, and obviously Renee’s your sister. But how did the casting process go. How did you settle on exactly who was going to star?

Well, I’ve gotta be honest: I cast Renee last. Truthfully, I always knew that she would be on the cast, but based on all the torture she put me through over my life, I decided to play with her a little bit. She would come to me, like, “Can I at least just do the wardrobe? I’m a stylist, can I at least just do the styling for the show? Like, do the make-up?” And I’m like, “Yeah, I’ll think about it, don’t worry,” ultimately knowing that she was going to be a star of the show.
First and foremost, I think that people are voyeuristic by nature, and they always want to get a look into somebody else’s life.
And Drita, I’ve been quote-unquote Drita’s manager since we were about 20-years-old, and I’ve always said to her, “I’m going to put you on TV one day,” never knowing that I myself would be a producer or a creator, just knowing and thinking that she had TV potential and qualities. So she was definitely one of the first people I had in mind for this. Karen, of course, the huge background and the family name, a friend of mine since I’m 13. Actually, I had Ramona in mind for Season One, but she couldn’t do the show because she had some personal and legal issues precluding her from participation, so I said to her let me know when that’s all cleared away and we’ll think about it for another season.


And then Carla, I was looking for that kind of quiet to the storm. She’s a little bit more laidback than the rest of the girls, that kind of person that balances out the rest of the cast, that’s not exactly the same but a little different, with a sexy look, and I remembered Carla who was actually Renee’s friend throughout the years because they grew up together since I think 17 years old. I ran into Carla at a family member’s party and I approached her about it and thought she’d be perfect. That perfect calm to the storm.

What about Ang?
Ang! Ang was definitely on my mind from Season One, as well. Ang, basically, is a family friend; she’s my oldest sister’s best friend and my aunt’s best friend, and I knew that she was a little bit older. She knows Drita from growing up around the bars and the neighborhood, but the connection is really through Renee, so my goal for Ang was really to build the Mob Wives franchise first with the women who had the four closest relationships, always knowing that I was going to put Ang in the mix, and knowing that she only has that Renee connection, really. She’s a little bit older than the other women... et me build this franchise first, get it to where it’s successful, and then bring Ang and really make a splash.

No comments:

Related Posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails